2019 was a year full of giving back for HARDI members.
HARDI’s partner philanthropy, Homes For Our Troops, is a privately funded 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that builds and donates specially adapted custom homes nationwide for severely injured post–9/11 Veterans to enable them to rebuild their lives.
This past year, over 95 HARDI members either donated equipment or held fundraising events for this amazing organization.
Here are just a few of 2019’s fundraising events and equipment donations:
- Weathertech Distributing Company used their 30th Anniversary event to fundraise for HFOT. They had 22 corporate and private sponsors, 15 silent auction donors, and over 150 people attending. After all was said and done, they raised $25,366.29!
- Standard Supply held their 4th Annual HFOT Golf Tournament, which raised over $45,000 for the cause.
- Gensco committed to supplying all HVAC components for Army SGT Aaron Boyle’s build in Yelm, WA, whose home was completed on December 7th! Read more about this build and the veteran here.
- Southern Pipe and Supply donated the HVAC equipment and ductwork for Army PFC Vicente Ramirez in Crestview, FL, whose home was also completed on December 7th! Read more about the build and this veteran here.
- Geary Pacific Supply committing to provide the HVAC components of SPC Carlos Gomez' upcoming build in Menifee, CA. See his story here.
All in all, HARDI and its member companies donated $192,384 to Homes For Our Troops in 2019!
From left to right: Larry Trimbach, 2-J Supply, Kevin McCloskey, Veteran, and HARDI CEO, Talbot Gee
Our Text2Give portal is also still active if you would like to make a direct donation. You can access that on your phone by texting HARDI to 243–725.
If you are interested in contributing to a build or hosting a fundraiser, contact Izzy Reed at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of this initiative with Homes For Our Troops! We look forward to seeing all of this great work continued in 2020!