HARDI had record participation for the 2019 and Q1 2020 Unitary Market in Review Webinar on Wednesday, June 10th. Dan Vida from D+R International, HARDI’s Unitary Report Analyst, shared an overview of the Unitary market in 2019 and Q1 2020 and he was able to share some great findings to HARDI members on what happened in 2019, as well as what D+R has seen so far in 2020 Q1 and his predictions for how things will unfold over the next few months.
Were you unable to attend? Here are the key things you need to know:
- Market shipments for most equipment categories were down in 2019, but Air Source Heat Pumps are a bright spot
- Nationally, AC, Furnaces and Boilers shipments were all down from 2018. Most HARDI regions also showed negative growth for these categories.
- Air Source Heat Pumps had growth nationally and had strong sales in the southeastern and southwestern region
- Prices were up from 2018, so revenue may look like growth even in categories where there are declining unit shipments, so remember to important to look at both metrics together
- COVID-19 coincides with some of the smallest sales months for equipment sales. With a strong recovery, the market could potentially see a more typical growth rates for sell-through units through the rest of the year.
- HARDI is launching a new initiative called Green Shoots that offers subscribe regular updates on the economic indicators that matter most to the industry, and are expanding the existing Unitary Report platform to include parts and supplies.
If you weren’t able to join (or would like to watch it again) HARDI has posted the full webinar for members here!
As a reminder, the Unitary Report is free to HARDI Distributor members. If you haven’t signed up to participate yet, you’re missing out on market insights that can help you forge ahead! Make sure you get access to the 2020 Q2 report, which will be out in late July!
To learn more about participating, please contact Sarah Jilbert.